Friday, February 13, 2009

The Tarp Post

It's been a minute since I've updated, so I thought I'd post today. Plus I have time! Yay! LOL

My mum was reading my blog the other day, and she pointed out that I posted about Dad going to the hospital, but I didn't post when he came home. Just to clarify, my dad did come home last Wednesday. He's doing TONS better. Thank you all for your prayers. He's doing so well. It's such a relief to have my dad back. Love you, Daddy!^^

As for Filling Needs for February (I like the alliteration. Such a nerd...), I gave a bag of clothes to my neighbor who lost her house. I had a whole bunch of things I'd outgrown, so I washed it and took it over.

I've also been taking my chores more seriously. Mum gave me Kitchen Duty, and I've been doing my best to take care of it like I would my own kitchen. I'm not going to lie, it's hard not being out on my own sometimes, so I "play house" here. LOL The kitchen has been kept up quite well though, and so has my laundry, which I usually slack on.

I cooked some eggrolls for Dad the other day, and he said it was so good that he threatened to eat his hands because they smelled like eggroll. LOL This may not seem like a big deal to you, but I'm considered the Microwave Queen, the Un-Chef, and the Oven Mitt Mutilator (I caught one on fire once!). It was nice to cook something and really have my dad enjoy it.^^

Lastly, I'd like to ask for your prayers on my own behalf. I've been having a hard time with my little brother. I've been losing my temper with him a lot, and it's not helping our relationship. I realize that I need to keep my cool even when things get crazy, and I need to love him like Jesus loves him, so please pray that I will be able to do that. Thanks so much!

'Til next post!

No comments: