Monday, February 9, 2009

And Then The Roller Coaster Took a Sharp Left...

Last night my neighbor's trailer burned to the ground. Everyone got out okay, but now a family of six is without their home. At the moment they're staying with family, just to the left of my house.

I cried as I watched it burn, repeating over and over again that it wasn't fair. This family has faced so many heartaches these past couple years. There is something I've noticed about them though - they don't give up. They stick together like a real family should, they pray, and they persevere. At this very moment, a woman, her son, her daughter, her son-in-law, her four grandchildren, and several of her friends, are sitting next door laughing. They're enjoying each others' company, sharing stories, and getting through the tough times with a whole lot of hope and faith that things will get better.

Though the family isn't of my denomination, though they're not of my race, they're amazing people who have taught me so much. I love you and your family, Esther. I'll be praying for you all.

1 comment:

Mrs. Kristy Rowell said...

Wow! I'm so thankful that the family was able to get out safely.

Another reason to count our blessings from God!