Monday, January 26, 2009

I'll Have the Seakitten Sticks!

I realized last night that, not only have I not updated my blog in a while, I haven't included the "Creating" part in my posts. I decided to do that today.^^

I love crafts. Here lately I've been enjoying card-making. I found some really awesome books at the library and learned how to do more with what I have, which isn't much due to my economical state. (In other words, I'm broke. >.< ) I really like this waterfall mechanism I found in the book Paper Pop Up. I made a card using this technique for my boyfriend, and my brother saw it and loved it. So today I surprised him with one.

He loves fish, so I used that as my theme.





I then used the panels of the card for a small comic strip. By the way, PETA really does want to change their names. ... You'll see.


I really like the way the card looks really complicated when in all actuality it's fairly simple. Here's an "action shot".







OOooo... Action shot. Sorry.




Anyhow, I thought I'd start making cards more often. Everyone enjoys receiving a card, and I enjoy making them and seeing others light up when they get it. It seems like a simple enough equasion.^^




Oh, and as an extra added bonus, here's a picture of my puppy.



Isn't she cute?!

No comments: